Cell tower companies are always looking for lands to lease. As a landowner who wants to make a good investment over a considerable time period, leasing to a cell tower company is a great strategy. Of course, there are some criteria’s that need to be met first when leasing to a cell provider, but once that is out of the way, this kind of investing is a great source of side revenue.
How to attract Cell Tower Companies to lease your land?
Firstly, you need to do research on what cell companies are looking for? Not all land can be feasible for a cell tower. Identifying the correct conditions regarding the location and the terrain for a cell tower is ideally step one. If these two criteria are not met, you cannot lease your land for a cell tower. Simply for any company, the basic conditions are: is your land in a secluded area and on a high hill?
Depending on where the land is, it is important to note that there might be some competition. Most likely if you are trying to lease your land to a cell tower company because it is suitable, there might be neighbors in the same interest area. More details!
Cell Tower Consultancy
For those who are either leasing their land for the first time to cell providers or are already experienced in this area, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Get information, do research –Research the market and see how you can compete, is the key to great success in leasing a land. Stay knowledgeable of all the cell tower developments in the area: what towers are newly being built in your area, how much are your neighbors leasing their land for etc.
- Increase land visibility– Signs or billboards are a great way to advertise. A sign by a road or on your fence is an easy way to attract leasers.A simple sign with the contact information such as a phone number, email is all that is needed. If a cell provider agent happens to drive by, the sign will definitely increase attractiveness of your land.
- Connect with wireless providers–There are groups like the Cellular Site Landowners Association that can offer you useful information on recent developments or advice on negotiating your leasing contract. By contacting them directly, you ensure you are not dealing with scammers and you get the most up to date information regarding the cell tower market. Check out this site: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmarkman/2019/07/30/this-startup-uses-cell-tower-signals-to-accurately-predict-weather/#6bcab267145f
- Be patient –Always be ready for competition. As there are lots of cell towers being built every year you will have many competitors, especially if your area is suitable for cell tower installments.
- Beware of scams–There are many sites online that claim “site listing services”. Beware of these scammers. These sites often times don’t work, and paying money to list your land on the site is not worth it.The best way to find the “right” cell provider association is to contact them directly.